So what am I going to do?
I am developing jsbrwsniff in my free time. Sure, it began as a project for the company I work for, but later it was released as open source and since then I work on it only in my free time. Yes, I know, it’s already been almost one year since the latest version. The explanation is very simple: my free time is scarce and I have lots of interests.
Now the good news: the next version is almost here, most probably at the end of May. What’s new? Well, a lot of things! Here comes a sneak preview of the “what’s new”:
- New browsers (making a total of around 40)
- New bots (excuse me, I cannot remember the number now)
- Lots of new plugins are detected (Acrobat Reader, Windows Media, Real Player, QuickTime, Java, SVG…)
- Will be enclosed in an object to avoid namespace conflicts (per request)
- PHP script to create your own jsbrwsniff, supporting exactly the browsers you want, the bots you want and the plugins you want. This is still under development, but I think it will be ready very soon.
The rationale here is very simple: either just wait for me to have some free time to implement all this stuff, or pay me (my company) to do it. I will be very pleased.